Heatstroke, the most popular disease in the summer that you can protect yourself just follow this advice
Heatstroke or diseases caused by our bodies not adapting well enough to the hot weather. Until the heat in the body is higher than 40-41 degrees Celsius, which may cause death.
Lect. Dr. Sakda Artong Wallipakorn, M.D., Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University described in RAMA CHANNEL as follows.
- small child
- Workers in hot and humid places
- bus driver without air conditioning system
- person with high blood pressure
- People who exercise outdoors, overdo it
- Soldiers who are not physically prepared for training
- The weather is hot but not sweating.
- very thirsty
- steadily getting hotter
- fast breathing
- exhaustion, loss of appetite
- headache, nausea, vomiting
- low pressure
- Wear well-ventilated clothing.
- Prepare your body before doing outdoor activities.
- Drink enough water, at least 2 liters per day. Hot weather can cause a lot of sweating. The loss of sweat is considered a loss of water within the body. This may cause dehydration and abnormalities with the body until it causes heat stroke. Therefore, drink plenty of water. or enough to prevent dehydration
- avoid being outdoors
- Avoid using antihistamines
- avoid drinking alcohol Drinking alcohol in the summer is quite dangerous. Because drinking alcohol in the midst of hot weather It can shock you to the point of death. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid drinking alcohol. It should be water or another type of drink is best.
- in a place that is well ventilated
- Take the patient into a shaded place with good ventilation. Loosen your clothes to relax.
- Have the patient lie down, raise both legs, use a cloth moistened with water or ice to compress the body, under the armpits, between the groin, bring a fan to blow the heat.
- rushed to the hospital